7/19/2006

July 18, 2006 Day 202 SPECIAL EDITION: Sonny in the Sunshine State

I'm back from Florida and I'm tanner than ever. Just kidding. Momma CJ kept the sunblock flowing, so I still look like a little Michigan ghost.

I asked Mom and Daddy B to send a postcard for me to my blog readers while we were on vacation, but they forgot. Mom apologized and said she and Daddy had too many of those green drinks with the salt on the sippy area.

But I'll make it up to you now with something I like to call Hudson's day-late postcard. Here goes:

Wish You Were Here
We're in Florida! This is my second trip (the first was Chicago), but this time we went really high in the air in a plane to get here. We're stayin
g with Auntie MD and Mr. Joe at a place Momma Cj likes to call "her resort." It has a pool and lizards and green drinks and palm trees.

On Friday, we spent the day next to the pool with Auntie MD. She gave me my own boat to float in and I splashed water and went under the waterfall. I wasn't impressed with pools before, but now I see what the hype is about.

On Saturday we went to the Sunken Gardens and I had to wear a bug rub
to protect me from the giant bugs. It was quite an adventure, and I prepared myself by putting on my safari hat and crawling my way through this jungle. (OK. I can't crawl yet. Just humor me for now. It makes for a better story).

On my journey through the gardens, I stopped to talk to a giant bird. He said "Hello," and I responded to him by speaking in chirps. It was my way of saying, "Hey. Mr. Bird. If you're going to take the time to speak my future language, why don't I take the time to speak yours ... Chirp. Chirp. Chirp."

On Sunday, the astronauts woke me up with a sonic boom before landing their shuttle on the ground. After some breakfast and a change of clothes, I was off to another jungle -- the outlet mall. Momma Cj and I strollered from store to store while Daddy B sat on benches reading pieces of paper.

Monday we went to the Orlando art museum to see pictures of Brown Bear Brown Bear and the Hungry Caterpillar and the Grouchy Ladybug and the Handsome Baby (I made that last one up. Maybe I'll submit my photo and suggest it to Mr. Eric Carle). After that, it was time for a nap before our big night at Chili's restaurant.

We went to the Chili's that, I think, Auntie MD built with her own two hands. Me, Momma CJ, Daddy B and Mr. Joe put on our "sizzle" before making the journey to the restaurant. I had a vegetable appetizer and finished that off with Chili's famous soy milk. We then posed for a picture before heading back to "the resort" to sleep away our final night ...

I like vacations. When we get back, I'm going to ask Momma Cj and Daddy B if we can go on another vacation. Maybe we can go on the astronauts' next trip and make sonic booms. I'm going to start packing now. Where's that space suit of mine?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home