5/22/2006

May 18, 2006 Day 142: Guilty Feet Have Got No Rhythm


Last week I went to my first dance...


I was just chilling, listening to the music and drinking some soy punch when this girl named Clementine asked me to dance. I must say, I'm usually a cool and calm character, but when she approached me, I suddenly felt weak in the knees, like I couldn't even stand anymore. Then I remembered, oh yeah, I really can't stand.








I suddenly found myself moving back and forth to the music. I don't think Clementine knew it, but I was using her as support to keep me from falling on my forehead. It also helped that I had my teething ring to make me feel secure.











When the song ended I realized that the teething ring I thought I had in my mouth was Clementine's hand. We both laughed out loud at the silliness of it all. Feeling like the ice had been broken, I confessed to her about not being able to stand and all. "In fact," I told her through raucous laughter, "I can't even crawl." The laughter grew louder and louder. "Guess what Clementine. I haven't even rolled over yet." And then there was an awkward silence... before we both burst out laughing again. It was all great fun, and I learned a valuable lesson that I'd like to share with you, my readers: You shouldn't pretend to be a dancer before you've learned how to walk.

2 Comments:

At 4:49 AM , Blogger amanda said...

Hudson, you don't have to walk to win Clementine's heart...it's all yours. She can't wait for your next encounter.

 
At 6:23 PM , Blogger Tasha said...

Hudson, I just found your site, and you are just 2 cute for words.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home